Halquinol is recognized as one of the most approved non-antibiotic growth promoters. It is a chlorohydroxyquinoline compound and is the mixture of 5-chloro-8-hydroxyquinoline (MCHQ), 5.7-dichloro-8-hydroxyquinoline (DCHQ) and 7-chloro-8-hydroxyquinoline.
It possesses a broad-spectrum antibacterial, antifungal & antiprotozoal property and has significant anti-mycoplasmal activity being active against different species of mycoplasma (Cosgrove and Baines, 1978).
It is widely used for the purpose of growth promotion and to minimize the wet droppings/diarrhoea.
Mac-Gard ‘S’ – an innovation in manufacturing
- Potentiation of chlorohydoxyquinoline to a near single molecule and hence increase its bio- activity and spread
- Free of 8-Hydroxyquinoline residue – no toxic side effect
- Every batch produced provides same bio-activity
- Improves growth rate and feed conversion efficiency
- Improves egg production in layers, better egg grading
- Helps to overcome wet dropping and scour crop
Usage & Recommendation:
- Poultry/ Swine:
- 400-500 gm per ton of feed (12% & 12.5%)
- 80-100 gm per ton of feed (60%)
Or as per recommendation of nutritionist or consultant
- 1 kg metalized poly bag & 25 kg fibre drum