Halquinol is recognized as one of the most approved non-antibiotic growth promoters. It is a chlorohydroxyquinoline compound and is the mixture of 5-chloro-8-hydroxyquinoline (MCHQ), 5.7-dichloro-8-hydroxyquinoline (DCHQ) and 7-chloro-8-hydroxyquinoline.
Vibriosis is a systemic bacterial infection of primarily marine and estuarine fishes, caused by bacteria of the genus Vibrio, a major cause of mortality in aquaculture operations.
Halquinol possesses a broad-spectrum antibacterial, antifungal & antiprotozoal property and has been appreciably indicated for the control of vibriosis in marine fish by Austin et al. (1981).
Aquamac Mac-Gard ‘S’ – an innovation in manufacturing
- Potentiation of chlorohydoxyquinoline to a near single molecule and hence increase its bio- activity and spread
- Free of 8-Hydroxyquinoline residue – no toxic side effect
- Every batch produced provides same bio-activity
Available in 12%, 12.5% & 60%
- Improves better weight gain and optimizes FCR
- Prevents the vibriosis in fish
- Improves growth rate and general health of fish and prawns
Usage & Recommendation:
- 125 gm per ton of feed (12% & 12.5%)
- 25 gm per ton of feed (60%)
- 400-500 gm per ton of feed (12% & 12.5%)
- 80-100 gm per ton of feed (60%)
Or as per recommendation of Aqua consultant
- 1 kg metalized poly bag & 25 kg fibre drum