Mycotoxins are invisible, odorless and tasteless toxins with a major impact on the growth & health of fish & shrimp. This can result in significant economic losses such as slow growth, reduced weight, increase in FCR & medicine cost. Mycotoxins also appear to be very heat stable and do not seem to be reduced even after the pelleting and extrusion process of aqua feed.
Mycotoxin have different toxin effects in aquatic species such as carcinogenic (e.g. Aflatoxin B1, Ochratoxin A, Fumonosin B1), esterogenic (Zearalenone), neurotoxic (Fumonosin B1), hepatotoxic (Ochratoxin), dermatoxin (Trichothecencs) or immune suppressive (Aflatoxin B1, Ochratoxin A and T-2 toxin).
These toxins when gets in to the system may cause moderate to severe toxicity symptoms in aquatic animals. They include moderate to severe liver damage, reduced FCR and increased susceptibility to secondary infectious diseases due to impaired immune response.
Mycotoxins of aflatoxin B1 is the most investigated due to their acute & chronic toxicity on aquatic species. Low level of this toxin (< 10 ppb) are enough to produce negative effects when compared to other toxins.
- Adsorbs moisture, aflatoxins & helps in absorption of nutrients
- Larger surface area of adsorption as compared to other conventional toxin binders
- The redox capacity of the unique clays breaks the double bond & aromatic ring of masked mycotoxins-highly effective at low inclusion rate
- Unique clays, strongest adsorption capacity- ensures complete nullification of mycotoxins
Usage & Recommendation
- Aqua Feed:
- 2 kg/ ton of feed for regular usage
- Pond Water:
- 7-10 kg/ Acre once in every 15 days (1 meter depth)
Or as per recommendation of Aqua Consultant
Should be mixed uniformly throughout feed.
Should be mixed uniformly throughout the pond.
Storage & Handling
Store in a cool and dry place. Avoid all contact with eyes & skin. Used in a well ventilated area.
Pack: 25 Kg Bag